Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Helsinki, Finland

I had a splendid weekend visiting Inkeri, Joonas and Santeri in Helsinki and for the record, Inkeri is an amazing Mom to her two sons.  Wow!  They take up a lot of energy!  I learned a few things about Finland:  (1) they like to flavor cider with fruit; (2) the terrain is flat; (3) there are lots of little islands around Helsinki; (4) ice cream stands are everywhere; (5) their signs are in Finnish and Swedish; and (6) and they have cool shopping.

Yummy cider - I tried pear, pineapple and blueberry

Joonas with an ice cream cone - he only likes green ice cream

Santeri - happy little guy that just sits in his stroller and sings away

Finnish cottage - love the red and white

Lutheran Cathedral

Ship in the main port

Train Station

My gracious hostess and her boys

This is how I felt both nights, but I am too old and big to be able to sleep like this

Looking out over Helsinki one last time

Thank you Inkeri!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...