Saturday, October 10, 2009

Guggenheims - They came. They saw. They infected.

Despite having a wonderful time with the Guggenheims during their visit, there was one big problem... I, Scott, got sick.

I like having visitors... really I do, but it seems whenever we host a guest they carry with them more than just memories of home. I'm not blaming them -- I mean it's only to be expected from people who spend significant time in airplanes, museums, train stations, and crowded cafe's that they pick up a few bad germs and eventually get an ailment. These germs find our weak American immune systems and give us a quick who's your daddy.

It's ironic that in our quest to see the world we put ourselves into the crossfire of this bionic warfare. Back in the day when explorers were handing out blankets to Native Americans they distributed smallpox, measles, and the flu. Now history seems to repeat itself as eager travelers scour the globe in search of experience and poor people like me get caught in the middle.

My advice? Stay in America and continue fighting the diseases on your turf. It's not worth exposing yourself to these European germs that have dominated our American immune systems for the past 500 years.

With all that off my chest, my wife would still like to encourage you to come and visit us! But don't say you haven't been warned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...