Saturday, November 21, 2009

The American Market

In preparation for our Thanksgiving feast next Saturday, I visited The American Market in Geneva.  We were able to find some Campbell's cream of mushroom soup for the traditional green bean dish, bread crumbs, canned cranberries, pie crust and various other items.  I captured some of the "American" food items with my iPhone.  I will admit, Kraft velvetta mac and cheese was tempting!





Yes, salsa is 11.50 in Geneva!


3 comments:

  1. So funny...I was shopping last week at the H-Mart, an Asian market in Federal Way. I did need some "Asian" items, but I was also trying to make one grocery stop with both kids and on my list was pumpkin puree. I had to enter the "Western foods" aisle and saw a few shoppers nodd disparagingly like I was some sort of non-Asian sell-out. I hung my head in shame, until I walked past a bamboo ear picker and realized that all cultures have their embarrassments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the Swiss think we all eat over-processed & artificial food all the time when they see this store. It makes me laugh to picture what they are thinking about us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they do Jenny. Honestly, people have said to me on more than one occasion, "I feel like a fat American." We are definitely considered an obese country in Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...