Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Sushi Experiment

My love for sushi drove me to experiment this weekend.  I am not up to Mio Sushi Chef quality, but I plan to practice, practice, practice.  Here is my food diary from our Sunday lunch.
Sushi Kit from the COOP grocery store, wasabi and some of the seaweed wraps from my friend Jesse living in Tokyo
Ingredients:  avocado, carrots, cucumber and smoked salmon
Roll #1 left room for improvement on the wrapping of the roll in the mat
Several rolls later
Lunch is served ~ The plate on the right is not that pretty, but it still tasted good!

4 comments:

  1. I know a number of family members who will look forward to a Heather Sushi meal when you return to Portland. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! We recently had a make-your-own sushi night with another couple. It's a great "get to know you" dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks SO good, heather! time to start your swiss miss cooking blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like we get it in Japan. bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...