Saturday, January 2, 2010

Avatar

Scott and I went to the Rex Theatre in downtown Geneva yesterday to watch Avatar.  It was my first movie in a theatre in Swtizerland, amazing since I have lived her close to one year.  The cost was 18 francs each and it was in it's original voice of English with subtitles in French and German.


We really enjoyed the film and would like to see it again in 3-D to see the full effect of James Cameron's vision.  I found myself on the edge of my seat in many scenes and squeezing Scott's leg or hand.  It also reminded us as a futuristic Dances with Wolves, once you see the film you will understand why we think this.


This afternoon we are going to be meeting up with our friends, Kyle and Ashley, to watch the recorded Rose Bowl.  We are currently avoiding any website where we think we might learn the results.  Go Pac-10!

3 comments:

  1. Worth seeing? It's the only movie in theaters now that I might even consider, but I'm not so interested. I'm kinda saving my 2000 yen for Where the Wild Things Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and I are debating if we should pay to see it in 3-D...okay, so it's really just me holding back. Now that I know you give it a thumbs up I'll reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, totally worth seeing and definitely in 3-D. I already want to see it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...