Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Astoria Column

Talk about luck!  The weather in Astoria last weekend was gorgeous and it was extra special because Linda, Kevin, Shannon and Logan met us as well.

Scott and I scoped out the Astoria Column when we first arrived in town on Saturday.  I remember visiting this site when I was much younger with my grandparents.  For 75 cents you can buy airplanes that you launch from the top of the column.  We climbed the 164 steps to the top and enjoyed the views and watched where the planes landed that children were throwing.  Then on Sunday, Scott went into the surrounding woods and found about 20 planes scattered about and brought them back for Logan to enjoy throwing.  Cheap entertainment!
Getting mentally prepared for the climb up
Saddleback Mountain is in the distance
Scott doing some minor repairs on the planes he found
Logan likes what he sees
Blast off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...