Back to the lodge. It was beyond perfect. Scott might say the only flaw was not having a TV in our room to watch College Game Day and some football, but I would say that made it even more perfect. As soon as we arrived on Friday we started a fire in our room, drank a glass of Pinot and sat in the gigantic California king bed. The staff was so friendly and welcoming and the food, oh the food. The chef makes everything from scratch and even has his own herb and vegetable garden on the grounds. I just can't say enough good things about our time there, it was just what we needed.
Scott looking out onto the Rogue River from the lodge. I know he is thinking, "to fish or not to fish?"
I loved the chairs on the lawn. If it wasn't sprinkling rain, I would have enjoyed reading my book in one and of course curled up with a blanket.



No comments:
Post a Comment