Friday, March 30, 2012

Six Months


At six months you are happier than ever before and are growing and changing daily.  You squeal more and make this sound that we call your "tiger growl" when you are happy.  You are getting stronger and can sit up, but still have moments where you slide down or fall forward.  Still no signs of teeth, but you do produce plenty of drool.  There was a week where you were refusing to go to bed and I was almost in tears nightly listening to you cry, but then suddenly you started enjoying going to bed again.  You are so cute as you wiggle around in your crib until you find the most comfortable position and then you slowly drift off as I tell you stories about my day.  You are eating cereal and fruit and seem to enjoy listening to me make every sound effect I can think of to get you to open your mouth as the spoon comes.  The best part at six months for me is that you reach out to me now and hug me.  When I get home from a day at work and after battling rush hour traffic, you greet me at the door with a smile and extend your arms to me.  My heart always melts when you do this.  Even after being back at work for three months now, I still struggle at times that I have chosen to maintain my career, but in that moment that you give me a hug, I know you love me and are happy and that is all that matters.

4 comments:

  1. I love this. She is beautiful and so is your honesty about career vs. family. No one thinks it is an easy decision. I commend your willingness to feel, think and talk about it honestly. She is obviously thriving! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments and support, I do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...