Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A New Routine

Yesterday was a big day for Belle, she had her first day at CCLC aka daycare.  For the past six months we were blessed to have our wonderful nanny, Vanessa, come to our home daily to care for her, but now it is time for Vanessa to have her baby and become a Mom.  We were so thankful that Vanessa came into our lives and gave Belle the care and love that we would if we were home with her all day.

At CCLC, I thought I would cry when we dropped Belle off yesterday morning and that she would join me with lots of tears, but that just didn't happen.  Our happy baby girl sat down in the middle of the room, smiled at the other baby boy and started playing with the new toys.  She looked up at us as we started to creep out and just went right back to her toy.  I was happy she was happy, but where was the reaching for mama and crying???  Then we received an email mid-day to tell us Belle was doing great, took an hour and a half nap on her belly (she never does that for us) and was a breeze to care for.  I beamed with pride at my desk as I read the email. So here we go, a new chapter for our daughter, I will let you know how many days she lasts before she gets her first flu bug or cold or any other virus.
Belle and Vanessa
Nap time on her belly
Our little girl, smiling and happy go lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to read the new adventure went well for everyone. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...