Puddle jumping on our walk
Belle turned two and a half last weekend. Can it really be true we are half way to three? She has grown almost two inches in the past six months and has been sleeping in this past week until 9am to 10am daily! Do I have a teenager or a toddler? She knows her ABCs, counts to ten, can read her Thomas the Train books to me from memory and adores her baby brother. Curious George was kicked to the curb a month ago and she is now infatuated with Jake and the Neverland Pirates and her Letter Factory video. We talk about Captain Hook and the crocodile a lot and then she also likes to throw imaginary pixie dust on you and have you carry her around the house so she can fly. This doubles as our arm workouts. Her favorite excuse to use when she does not want to do something is, "I'm too busy." I hear this daily, "No Mama! I'm too busy!" Busy doing what I am not sure, but I try my best to respect her schedule. Belle has zero interest in potty training. We have tried bribing her with ice cream and while she gladly accepted it, she is not motivated by it. We need to find a motivator soon. Grandma bought her a blue purse a month ago and that is her favorite accessory and hiding place for her treasurers. By treasurers I mean the remote to our stereo, rocks, anything that might be expensive and small, scissors, Mom's lipstick, her binky and more rocks. Belle is a very sweet big sister and very patient. Will likes to be right up in her business and she handles it quite well. She soothes him when he is crying and loves to make him laugh. What I am most thankful about at this age is that I still have the honor of rocking Belle before bed each night. She specifically asks for it and even on those nights where I am just done, I sit down and realize this moment with her will not be forever. She twirls her hair and rest her head on me and I just close my eyes and thank God for my little girl.
Belle's growth chart stats

Oh how I love this! And agree with every word you say... the moments are flying much too quickly, but what a fun age the girls are at! You are a wonderful mama with endless patience. I bet the potty training will come over night, at the moment Belle decides it's time :)
ReplyDelete