- I learned most people don't arrive to work until 9:00 to 9:30 am and I am use to starting my work day at 7:30 am
- Europeans tend to take the week off after Easter, so we experienced light traffic driving to work and 70% of the desks in my area of the office were empty
- There are 220 people that work at the Geneva office
- Lexmark likes to have security. I need a badge to go anywhere (except the bathroom) and I have to constantly re-login to various software
- The controller for the EMEA (European Middle Eastern Africa) is Italian and I had a half hour meeting with him today and probably understood every third word. His accent is thick, I mean extremely thick.
- My manager is Italian (his accent is not as thick) and my boss is Canadian
- The entities I will be in charge of are based in Algeria, Dubai and Slovakia
- Most of the manual accounting work is done in the Philippines since it is cheaper to employ people there, however, they make a lot of errors and that will cause my most headaches
- I had a salad at a cafeteria for lunch and it cost 17 francs!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
First Day Jitters
I survived my first day at Lexmark! Here is a quick summary of my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You will win them over, we are sure. Dad and Mom
ReplyDeleteYou are an International working woman! Kind of nice to start on a slow week, eh? Can't wait to hear how things progress. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSarah
Congrats Heather! Sounds like a really interesting adventure you are on. Tell us more:)
ReplyDelete