Monday, April 13, 2009

Top of Monte Bre

Walking to the top of Monte Bre looked easier than it turned out to be for us on Saturday.  There was not a direct path to the top, so we weaved back and forth on various streets, climbed thousands of steps and eventually made it.  I was appropriately dressed for the occasion, but Scott was wearing jeans, which proved to not be comfortable during the two hour walk in seventy degree temperatures.  The view from the top was rewarding (it was a hazy day though) and we enjoyed more merlot from the region.  Instead of walking all the way back down, we rode the funicolare!

Half way there!

Directional signs were posted on various streets


Some of the wicked steps we climbed - I felt like I was on a stair master for two hours


Wonderful vino!

It was cheap too!

Scott played games on the iPhone and I gave my feet a break and took in the view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...