A good friend sent me the October issue of Marie Claire and it happened to have an article about relocating abroad. Looking back, I wish I would have had more time prior to moving here to prepare better emotionally and career wise, but I was busy planning a wedding. I found some points in this article valid, but disagree with the comment about what currency you should be paid in. I would always recommend being paid in the currency of the country you live in, especially since the U.S. dollar is so weak right now. At the same time, it all depends on which country you are relocating too, Switzerland is unique due to keeping their own currency (the Swiss franc). All in all, you can only prepare so much for a move abroad and in the end just need to jump into it with two feet and see what happens.


No comments:
Post a Comment