Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello

I have been awful at blogging since I arrived in Portland.  Here is a brief recap of what has been going on since Scott returned.
We are eating at some of the places we missed the most in Portland.  The fried oyster eggs benedict above is from Screen Door, the best southern food in Portland.  We ate Hawaiian grinds at Bamboo Grove the day Scott landed, the macaroni salad is so bad for you, yet so good.  This past Friday we tried the sushi at Sinju, all of the rolls were delicious.  Of course with the summer season upon us we have been grilling a lot as well.
We are enjoying family time.  Logan and his parents joined us for breakfast at Screen Door as well.  I can't believe our nephew is two and can almost say our names.  Scott enjoyed five days in Sisters and at the cabin with his family, meanwhile I stayed back and worked and previewed some homes for us.
We saw this movie.  It was good, but I feel like I need to see it again to make sure I was following all of the plots correctly.  
We put an offer on this house.  Unfortunately, it was denied.  We are going to think about it more.  Our experience has been it is not a "buyer's market" in Portland, the prices have just stabilized.  Timing is everything, so we will continue our search and continue to watch this home.
We are together again and that is all that matters!

2 comments:

  1. i dig bamboo grove. i thoroughly enjoyed inception. you two will find the perfect home. looking forward to the 20th. hope to see you two before that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks amazing. To tell the truth, I've been hearing that about the housing market there. Kind of sad because I was hoping to buy a house there soon. It's good to know you two are together again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...