Last weekend we drove up to Vancouver, BC for Scott to run the
half marathon, this is a tradition for him and the first time I have been invited to join (not to run, just cheer). I had not visited Vancouver for at least ten years, it is more beautiful that I remember and had so many European characteristics that I appreciate. It appears to be very family friendly, as you stroll along the water you hear many languages being spoken, there are lots of parks for lounging, recycling is promoted and bars and restaurants with patios to enjoy the sunshine and a beer. This was also Belle's first international trip! The border patrol even stamped her passport for us. With each trip, we are getting more comfortable traveling with our munchkin and figuring out how to balance her needs and ours. It is time to book some family summer vacations for this clan!
Look at the gummy grin! She was so patient while we waited to find Scott in the sea of runners.
The finish line was a little busy, so we had to hustle to find a place to look for Scott
There he is! My only photo of him running by. I was able to spot him from across the street and two lanes of traffic.
Scott and our friend
Sam, who completed his first half marathon, way to go!
What do you crave after a race? Scott craved dim sum, so we walked around Chinatown until we found one that looked just right. It was really good and very filling. Later that night we had some mouth watering sushi that I should have taken photos of, the rolls were huge!
And this is what I craved while sitting in the sunshine. It was a perfect day together.
No comments:
Post a Comment