On June 28th at 9:11 pm, William Walker Bulloch was born via c-section weighing in at 8 pounds 12 ounces and 21.75 inches long. Will was coming that day no matter what since he had me up at 3:00 am with contractions and by the time we checked in for our inducement at 7:00 am, I was well on my way with labor. My OB broke my water and told me, "you are going to have this baby by lunch time." Hurray I thought! If only. After a very long and painful process, I was able to receive an epidural and my labor slowed. By 6:00 pm that evening I was pushing, but Will's head was simply too large for my pelvis and I made little progress in getting him turned from being face up or into the birth canal. We were ecstatic to hear his cries when Will was born and could not believe how big he was when they showed him to us around the curtain. The rest of our time in the hospital sped by for me as I started to recover from surgery and begin to remember life with a newborn baby.
Will is just over two weeks old now and he is a good baby. He is a very, very big eater and is already well above his birth weight. He is very patient with his sister and lets her give him kisses at her choosing. We are in the eat, sleep, poop, repeat phase and I am already counting down the weeks until he sleeps more than two hours at a time for my sanity and for the bags under my eyes to lessen.
All in all we are a happy family of four. I hope to blog more soon. I am still getting my feet wet here on balancing being a Mama to a 21 month old and a newborn.
Ready to baby number two!
Proud father Scott and his son
I was freezing in this photo and so exhausted and deliriously happy
This is after I took my first shower since having Will. I felt like a million bucks.
Waiting to head home
She may have her moments where she doesn't understand why this little man is still at our house, but sweet Belle is very giving with her kisses.







No comments:
Post a Comment